Hackage is flooded with old package versions reuploads

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Mon Jan 19 12:06:48 UTC 2015

Hello,

On 2015-01-19 at 02:25:56 +0100, Eric Mertens wrote:

[...]

> I'm sure he'd be happy to leave packages alone for anyone who prefers
> their packages remain broken.

I wouldn't say I'm "happy" to, but I'll certainly comply with the
request.

The reason I wouldn't be happy is that the effects of a "broken" package
(especially the more popular it becomes) can't be contained easily. The
breakage cascades through the build-dep graph (I already mentioned the
`text`-example in another reply). In some sense, "no package is an
island"...

Cheers,
  hvr