Hackage is flooded with old package versions reuploads

Eric Mertens emertens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 01:25:56 UTC 2015

Wow, I thought this was a joke at first. HVRs work is terribly useful for
enabling old and new versions of GHC to work with hackage, and I've very
much appreciated the build reports he generates.

I'm sure he'd be happy to leave packages alone for anyone who prefers their
packages remain broken.

Thanks hvr for fixing the dozens and dozens of versions of just the lens
package in order to sort the base-4.8 rollout in particular that would have
taken an age to do manually.