Hackage is flooded with old package versions reuploads

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 23:51:32 UTC 2015

It would be best to be sure to make the maintainer (if there is one) aware
of such changes. That said, not every package has a responsive maintainer,
and *someone* has to do this work, and do it promptly. A signed hash
failure does not introduce a security hole, unless you count a sort of
semi-manual, avoidable denial of service. If you don't trust Herbert and
Austin, you probably shouldn't bother trying to use Haskell anyway.