Version of the pretty-printing library in GHC 7.10.1

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez asr at eafit.edu.co
Fri Jan 9 18:13:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

While preparing Agda for supporting GHC 7.10.1, I found the following
situation:

* In GHC 7.8.4, the version of the pretty library is 1.1.1.1.

* In GHC 7.10.1 RC1, the version of the pretty library is 1.1.1.3.

* I need to use conditional compilation when using GHC 7.10.1 RC1 because
in the version 1.1.1.2 of the pretty library was added a new Eq instance
which is currently defined in the Agda source code.

* I cannot use
​the ​
​​
Cabal macro
​ ​
MIN_VERSION_package_(A,B,C)
​ because this macro only supports three components (A, B, C) in the
version number, and the change in the version of the pretty library was in
the fourth component, i.e. 1.1.1.1 -> 1.1.1.2.

(I could use the symbol __GLASGOW_HASKELL__ instead, but I don't want to
use this symbol for changes related to the libraries.)

Is going GHC 7.10.1 to be released with a version of the pretty library
where I can use the MIN_VERSION_package_(A,B,C)
​
macro?

Best,

--