Proposal to deprecate and then drop fromJust

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Feb 24 10:11:14 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> The idea would be to deprecate fromMaybe for 7.12 and remove it
> completely later.

I would deprecate it, but not remove it. Otherwise people will think that
this obvious function is missing by accident. We would then encounter
various discussions about adding it in the close future.

Alternatively one could add a warning to HLint, but I think HLint is more
about cumbersome code than dangerous coding style.