Maintainship of edit-distance and lattices

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Mon Apr 27 06:36:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

to make it clear. I don’t want to drastically change lattices or edit-distance; I use them and they are ok, wouldn’t use otherwise.

There are only few things on top of my mind, I could make as a maintainer:

- add Eq, Ord, Show etc instances to data types there:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/lattices-1.2.1.1/docs/Algebra-Lattice-Dropped.html
- make point-wise instances for Lattice b => Lattice (a -> b) (same way as with Monoid)
- write tests

edit-distance would benefit from `cabal test` too (there are tests, but as executables). Then they’ll be run by stackage builds.

- Oleg