process: Confusion about UseHandle handles being closed.

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Nov 26 08:16:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014, Michael Snoyman wrote:

> So I'd argue that:
>
> 1. If we want to have a discussion about radically changing the API, let's have that discussion, but include
> a very clear set of plans for migration. Henning: have you given that any thought?

As I have written, a first step into the right direction could be setter
functions for CreateProcess. Another step could be to export
createProcess_, but give a warning in the documentation, that it is only a
temporary solution. Alternatively you could add CreateProcess_, an opaque
equivalent of CreateProcess, according setter functions, and
createProcess_ which accepts CreateProcess_ as input. Or you generalize
createProcess using a type class, such that it both accepts CreateProcess
and CreateProcess_ as input. However this might make CreateProcess_ a long
term solution. Alternatively, you could add a new module that provides an
opaque CreateProcess record with setter functions and an according
createProcess function.