Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed May 21 05:38:05 UTC 2014

I already brought this up with Mark offline, but I thought I post it here
too: there were some recent bugfixes to cabal-install dependency solver
that I think are worthwhile to ship.

Right now the fixes are only in cabal-install 1.20, which requires Cabal
1.20. GHC 7.8, which will ship with the HP, ships with Cabal 1.18. I don't
know if shipping both Cabal 1.18 and 1.20 in the HP will lead to problems.
If so, I can backport the cabal-install changes to 1.18. Thoughts?