Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 18:15:59 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Nick Smallbone <nicsma at chalmers.se> wrote:

> Any chance of getting QuickCheck 2.7.3 in there?

Sounds good... but...

> One complication is that we switched to a different random number
> generator because of some flaws with the one in System.Random.
> So we would also need to pull in the tf-random package
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/tf-random-0.4).

This is unfortunate. That package doesn't look like a likely candidate for
the platform: It is new, and the API looks like it has been in rapid,
non-stable development for the last month.

Is is possible that you can make QC work with standard random package, and
only use tf-random as an option? Is there something seriously flawed in
random that should be fixed there?

- Mark