Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Nick Smallbone nicsma at chalmers.se
Mon Mar 31 17:32:29 UTC 2014

Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner at gmail.com> writes:

> SO, In anticipation of releasing a HP shortly (1 month?) after GHC
> 7.8... I'd like to get going on nailing down package versions.

Hi Mark,

Any chance of getting QuickCheck 2.7.3 in there? It has a number of nice
improvements over 2.6, the biggest of which is generic shrinking to make
it easier to get minimal counterexamples (changelog:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/QuickCheck-2.7.3/changelog).

One complication is that we switched to a different random number
generator because of some flaws with the one in System.Random.
So we would also need to pull in the tf-random package
(http://hackage.haskell.org/package/tf-random-0.4).

Nick