Polymorphism in the Prelude

Alois Cochard alois.cochard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:02:57 UTC 2014

Just to add my 2ct that it definitely don't work well for Scala.

That being said, it should be possible to have some nice UI/UX to help
investigate such things... but the approach Scala documentation is using is
definitely not ideal.

On 24 June 2014 17:20, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:42 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk <
> fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Do you have anything specific in mind here? At first I was just going to
>> dismiss this as wishful thinking but perhaps we could actually do
>> something about this.
>>
>> Maybe we could provide ‘alternative’ signatures which would make types
>> more specific with some (which? all of known ones?) instances.
>>

> You can already see how that works out with Scala documentation, which is
> an incomprehensible mess.

*A\ois*
http://twitter.com/aloiscochard
http://github.com/aloiscochard