RFC: include a cabal-install executable in future GHC releases

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 22:39:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> wrote:

> I guess my point is that the platform should be suitable for almost
> everyone. That was certainly the way I perceived the intention when it
> was first launched.

It's supposed to be suitable for the average user. This tends to exclude
people working in various restricted settings (such as small hosted
containers, or servers where the UI libraries the Platform offers are not
available and not useful) and developers working at the bleeding edge, etc.
"Almost everyone" is almost impossible.