Formal proposal: replace Data.List.inits

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 23:04:35 UTC 2014

On Aug 19, 2014 6:42 PM, "Bertram Felgenhauer" <
bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Interestingly, initsQ looks better than initsT in these benchmarks.

I love the simplicity of initsT, but unlike initsQ (with Joachim Breitner's
fusing scanl') it won't fuse properly with with a list producer. I don't
know if that can be fixed or not. If so ... that would be great. In any
case, it would be very interesting indeed to see how it performs in a
library that uses stream fusion instead of fold/build—there's a library in
the vector package for that, and it currently uses the broken version of
inits; you might want to try initsT out with that one.