transformers: remove instance MonadFix ExceptT and ErrorT

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 23:41:48 UTC 2014

Henning: I don't think this is the right forum to discuss examples of mfix.
Granted, it's not something everyone needs every day; think about how often
you write recursive data-values, and imagine how often you need those to be
happening in some monad. Not very often. But the phenomenon has been well
studied, and there are a few illustrative "real-world" examples in Chapter
9 of: https://sites.google.com/site/leventerkok/erkok-thesis.pdf

-Levent.