transformers: remove instance MonadFix ExceptT and ErrorT

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Aug 12 21:34:02 UTC 2014

Am 12.08.2014 um 21:17 schrieb Edward Kmett:

> so it seems the logical extension of your request would be to strip all
> such instances,

one by one, please :-)

Can someone provide me examples of useful applications of mfix on Maybe,
ExceptT etc.?

I mean, all those mfix instances contain an "error" - wouldn't it be
better if the user would do such dirty things and insert a more specific
error message?

Admittedly, I have used mfix only once so far, at all, namely on an RWS
monad, as far as I remember. Eventually I chose another design, because
the mfix way was too fragile.