Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Apr 11 08:04:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Simon Peyton Jones
<simonpj at microsoft.com>wrote:

>   OK, my GHC build is now complete. I can confirm that the original bug
> has in fact been fixed. I can also confirm that Yesod issue 713 about
> yesod-auth is *also* resolved, even though it was not part of the original
> GHC ticket. Furthermore, the entire yesod-platform compiles (after fixing a
> language-javascript version number).
>

> Well that's a relief.  I'm very sorry about the post-RC2 bug.  It was my
> fault; I was fixing a bug that people wanted fixed (#8913) and managed to
> introduce a new one, and one that no regression test caught.
>

> Simon

I really appreciate the quick turnaround on this Simon, you saved me many
hours of pain and suffering with this fix!

Maybe we should consider including a Stackage run in the pre-release
procedure, as it's likely to catch these kinds of corner cases. I'd be
happy to volunteer to do that, I simply hadn't realized that there were
changes to 7.8.1 not present in rc2.

Michael