Upper bounds in PVP

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Thu Apr 10 13:41:21 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-10 13:52, MightyByte wrote:
> It seems like this issue has clearly been the source of
> disagreement/misunderstanding, so +1 from me too.  The harder question
> is precisely what changes should be made.
Oh please.

While it was not explicitely stated as being RFC2119, RFC2119 is still
*common* *sense*, and probably intented for universal communication with
non native english speaker.
English speakers (which many PvP original authors are) would have very
likely the correct (and RFC2119 compliant) understanding of those words.

Also must I say that RFC2119 is a document from 1997, predating the PvP
by many many years. As Bardur said, "I think that the RFCs terms may
actually have been the intended
meaning"

Suggesting that this was the source of disagreement/misunderstanding, is
in my opinion disingenuous at best.

Otherwise I'm all for (+1) spelling out that the PvP is following
RFC2119; there's no harm for being crystal clear about this.

--
Vincent