Multi-version GHC PPA for Travis-CI (was: GHC HEAD vs Hackage, panic-free edition)

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Fri Oct 18 08:02:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 2013-10-15 at 16:27:43 +0200, Edward Kmett wrote:
> Carter and I started a conversation with the travis-ci guys about how to
> support multiple Haskell versions a year and a half ago, but it fizzled out
> and not much came of it.

Fyi, as I didn't want to wait any longer for travis-ci to support
multiple GHC versions I went ahead, picked up debian packaging, and
built some minimal GHC .deb packages (which probably don't follow best
practices, but it does the job as a proof of concept) in an Ubuntu PPA:

 https://launchpad.net/~hvr/+archive/ghc

...and here's an example how to set up .travis.yaml to test with a couple
of GHCs:

 https://github.com/hvr/deepseq-generics/blob/master/.travis.yml

The result can be seen here:

 https://travis-ci.org/hvr/deepseq-generics