aeson and dlist in HP 2013.4.0.0

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Thu Nov 28 11:45:21 UTC 2013

Am 28.11.2013 12:10, schrieb Erik Hesselink:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Christian Maeder
> <Christian.Maeder at dfki.de> wrote:
>> If the proposal is to include (at least) 3 packages that are not ready yet
>> (on hackage) and attoparsec raises the question about how two different
>> parser packages should coexist in the HP then, I think, aeson disqualifies
>> itself to be included into the next HP 2013.4.0.0. Let's discuss and
>> reconsider it in 2014.
>
> I think this is a bad idea, since nothing will have changed
> substantially between now and 2014, so we'll only be postponing a
> discussion we might as well have now.

I don't mind discussing (now or later), but shouldn't the exact
implications be made clear before? Was the inclusion of attoparsec
discussed before? (I may have missed it, though.)

If the packages to be updated (aeson) or extended (dlist) or made
"suitably" new (attoparsec) are not on hackage yet, how can the
"requirement for API stability before inclusion in the HP" be met?

Cheers Christian