aeson and dlist in HP 2013.4.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 19:28:47 UTC 2013

Okay - to put a concrete proposal on this:

1) Include dlist-0.6, which would have the additions that Sean L. has
proposed
2) Include scientific as package
3) Include an aeson that is updated to use the above two packages (and
won't use blaze-builder)

​*Sean* - do you have a time frame for such changes?
*Bas* - do you feel the API of scientific is solid enough to go into the
platform? Are you willing to commit to the stability needs of the
platform(*)
*Bryan* - are you ready to turn out an aeson version that uses the above
once they are out?

*Everyone else* - After all the conversations, do we feel the rough
consensus is to go ahead with these. In particular the changes that Sean
proposed for dlist, and the inclusion of scientific.

I realize this is Thanksgiving week in the U.S. - but let's hope we can
come to a close on this by next Tuesday - Dec 3rd. Preferably sooner!

- Mark

(*): Meaning, the package would remain backward compatible for a few revs
with ample deprecation time before altering APIs that would break code --
even through major version number changes.