Adding Applicative/Functor instances to all Monads in GHC

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Sat May 25 01:15:30 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I think this proposal has been discussed for only a little above one
week, there were +13 votes in favour, none against, and no
objections/concerns beyond Ian's comment, whose follow-up message I read
as clarifying a misunderstanding and a vote in favour.

Should unforseen consequences come up, it is worth mentioning that the
AMP includes the changes proposed here in its first phase (i.e. the
"patch GHC" part), so I would suggest continuing the discussion in the
other thread if necessary. I will also use the AMP thread to open the
Trac ticket when some more time has passed (and everything is fine), so
in short: this thread merges into the AMP.

Greetings,
David