cabal executable using local hsc modules

Andreas Voellmy andreas.voellmy at
Mon Mar 25 17:38:09 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Henning Thielemann <
lemming at> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Andreas Voellmy wrote:
>  Hi,
>> I have a library that has some modules written as .hsc files and I want
>> to include some executables that use
>> those modules. Cabal doesn't seem to find the modules when it is building
>> the executable. It complains that
>> the module used by the executable is in a hidden package (of the same
>> name as the package being built).
>> Adding the package as a dependency in the executable section doesn't work
>> since it references a library
>> defined in the same package.
> This should work since Cabal-1.14. Can you show, how exactly you added the
> dependency to the executable?

I included the two source files, A.hsc and B.hs, and the cabal file in my
last email. That shows how I add the dependency in the executable section.
I have those three files in a single directory.