cabal executable using local hsc modules

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Mar 25 15:05:46 CET 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Andreas Voellmy wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a library that has some modules written as .hsc files and I want to include some executables that use
> those modules. Cabal doesn't seem to find the modules when it is building the executable. It complains that
> the module used by the executable is in a hidden package (of the same name as the package being built).
> Adding the package as a dependency in the executable section doesn't work since it references a library
> defined in the same package.

This should work since Cabal-1.14. Can you show, how exactly you added the
dependency to the executable?

If it does not work, you may add Hs-Source-Dirs of the library to the
executable. However this means that GHC will recompile the library
modules, yielding more compile time and more disk space consumption.