doesFileExist and doesDirectoryExist overly verbose?

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Jun 5 17:07:08 CEST 2013

Just to clarify: I'm not arguing for any changes to directory here, I think
it should remain as is. That includes not adding in additional aliases.
While I *prefer* the names in system-fileio, I don't consider it
significant enough to touch a core library.

As for isFile not implying an existence check: I've never had that
confusion. A path can't be a file unless it exists, so to me `isFile`
*does* in fact imply existence as well.