Proposal: splitting the network package

Gabriel Gonzalez gabriel439 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:56:35 CET 2013

I think the best action is to contact the maintainers.  I imagine that
most package naming disputes can be resolved this way. Forcefully
renaming packages crosses a point of no return, so we should be a little
bit more hesitant to invoke that option.  If we do choose to rename
package, though, then I think at a minimum the policy should be that:

* The package authors are unreachable
* There are no suitable alternative names

Also, I consider a social rating system (ala Hackage 2) the proper
solution to finding the "one true" package for something, not package
name space conflicts.