Foldable & Traversable instances for ((,) a)

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at
Wed Oct 10 23:29:17 CEST 2012

On October 10, 2012 16:54:03 Ben Millwood wrote:
> I just tried to clone a copy of the base repo to see if I could be of
> any help, but it doesn't work for me:
> [ben at euler ~/haskell/upstreams/emptydir]$ git clone
> Cloning into 'base'...
> [ben at euler ~/haskell/upstreams/emptydir]$ ls -l
> total 0

Perhaps someone has already fixed it, but it seems to be working for me.

$ git clone
Cloning into 'base'...
$ ls base/
aclocal.m4         base.cabal  codepages     config.sub    Control  Debug
Foreign.hs  include     LICENSE         NHC         Prelude.hs    Setup.hs
tests  Unsafe  cbits       config.guess  Data     Foreign  GHC
install-sh  Makefile.nhc98  Numeric.hs  prologue.txt  System    Text

Might it also just be that your aren't getting a default branch checked out.

Is there a '.git' subdirectory?  Is there a bunch files under '.git/objects'?
What do you get if you switch into the directory and run 'git branch -r'?

$ cd base
$ git branch -r
  origin/HEAD -> origin/master

Cheers!  -Tyson