Foldable & Traversable instances for ((,) a)

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 22:54:03 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just not been able to abrogate my other responsibilities long enough to
> break my build environment and set up a copy of HEAD and concoct a patch. ;)

I just tried to clone a copy of the base repo to see if I could be of
any help, but it doesn't work for me:

[ben at euler ~/haskell/upstreams/emptydir]$ git clone
http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/base.git
Cloning into 'base'...

[ben at euler ~/haskell/upstreams/emptydir]$ ls -l
total 0

I had a chat with the guys in #git , excerpts from
http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_log/git?date=2012-10-10#l3186 :

21:40:43 < cmn> it looks like it only supports the dumb protocol
21:41:01 < cmn> so that should get fixed, it could be that it's broken in
                newer git versions, because nobody sensible sets that up
                anymore
21:44:11 < benmachine> cmn: ah. so there's a bug but no-one notices because
                       no-one uses it these days?
21:44:56 < cmn> benmachine: that's what I'm thinking, yeah
21:45:19 < benmachine> cmn: ok. out of interest, how did you check which
                       protocol it was using?
21:45:29 < cmn> benmachine: wireshark
21:49:39 < benmachine> cmn: one more thing, is "the dumb protocol" literally
                       its name, or is it just a protocol that's dumb?
21:50:04 < cmn> its full name is dumb http transport

Looks like someone at darcs.haskell.org needs to change how things are set up?