Proposal: Add (&) to Data.Function

David Menendez dave at
Wed Nov 21 15:55:12 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Yitzchak Gale <gale at> wrote:

>  It is a common idiom to write a sequence of composed combinators in
>  reverse order to the way they would be written with ($) or (.). That
>  naturally expresses the idea of the combinators as operations being
>  applied in the given order.

I think the bar should be pretty high before we add a third way to write
function application to base. How common is this? Common among whom? Why
can't the existing idioms of (.) and ($) work just as well?

My own opinion is that this will only serve to confuse new people.

> Discussion period: 2 weeks

I am currently opposed.

Dave Menendez <dave at>