instance Applicative Data.Map

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 23:16:45 CET 2012

On November 15, 2012 19:09:37 Edward A Kmett wrote:
> This is why when I redesigned the hierarchy I used, I dropped Pointed
> everywhere.

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the response.  I am curious about your redesign.  Are you refering
to the one you outline under your semigroupoids package

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/semigroupoids

or is there somewhere else I should be reading up about it.

Also, am I correct in understanding that you are arguing part of the advantage
of a class is that it is an explicit statement of certain properties holding
beyond those that parametricity already gives us.

That is, if your only properties are those free theorems already give you,
perhaps you abstraction is not really that interesting.

Thanks!  -Tyson