[Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Tue Nov 13 20:18:04 CET 2012

I found that for the recently uploaded Agda-2.3.2 there is no
haddockumentation.  Stumbling over the build protocol by chance

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/Agda/2.3.2/logs/success/ghc-7.6

I searched for whether haddock had been executed and found, yes, but
also, it failed:

   40% (  2 /  5) in 'Agda.Syntax.Abstract.Pretty'

haddock: internal error: /tmp/ghc17357_0/ghc17357_126.s: hPutBuf:
resource exhausted (No space left on device)

Q: Could this build be run again, with sufficient disk space?

For gtk-0.12.4 there is another explanation: it has build failures:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/gtk/0.12.4/logs/failure/ghc-7.6

On 13.11.2012 16:41, timothyhobbs at seznam.cz wrote:
> Hello,
> There are several packages without haddock documentation on hackage.
> The one that bugs me right now, is the latest version of gtk2hs:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/gtk
> I've been told that this may be due to hackage updating docs with an
> infrequent cron job, so that new packages don't get their docs for a
> long time.  Whatever is causing it, the fact that hayoo
> http://holumbus.fh-wedel.de/hayoo/hayoo.html always uses the most
> frequent docs, means that I cannot currently search for anything gtk2hs
> related :(
>
> Can someone please look into prodding this cron job so it doesn't take
> days to run, or look into resolving any errors that might be causing
> this unfortunate behaviour?
>
> Thank you for your time,
> and happy hacking,
> Timothy

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/