Cabal: download dependencies for later offline build

Bram Neijt bneijt at
Tue Nov 13 20:11:12 CET 2012

Dear reader,

I'm experimenting with creating my own little build server using disk
images as job input/output and KVM to run them[1].

As a security measure, the build process does not have any network access
during the build, so I need to make sure everything is available before the
build starts.

What is the easiest way to "take a cabal build offline" as it were, so I
can make sure a cabal build will work without a network connection?