Proposal: To add 2 new lower-level concurrency constructs and rebuild Concurrent.Chan using them

Ivan Tomac ivan.tomac at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:11:55 CEST 2012

Just had a few hours of sleep and think perhaps I sent that email out
too soon. I forgot what my original intention was and just ended up
submitting a proposal.

The original question I had was what would be the best way to proceed
with something like this? Have it submitted as a patch for
Control.Concurrent.Chan with the concurrent queues added in? Or put it
up on Hackage?

Fixing concurrent channels and submitting this at all was sort of an
afterthought but it just made sense to build them on top of the
queues.

Maybe Hackage is a better place for this until it's better tested in any case.

Ivan