remove Foreign.Marshal.Error.void

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:34:48 CET 2012

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, Bas van Dijk wrote:
>> +1 for first making it the same function and then removing it from
>> Foreign.Marshal.Error.

Oh yes.  Let's say until March 29.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Henning Thielemann
<lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
> You could skip the step of making Foreign.Marshal.Error.void and
> Control.Monad.void the same function and deprecate
> Foreign.Marshal.Error.void immediately. However I generally think that
> explicit or qualified imports are the best way to avoid name clashes. There
> are many programmers out there that do not program Haskell every day and do
> not know where 'void' is defined when they read a Haskell program.

Normally I use qualified imports, but these two modules are special.
Foreign must be imported unqualified when used with hsc2hs, because
hsc2hs emits unqualified identifiers.  And Control.Monad.... well, it
doesn't have to be unqualified, but since it's full of control
structures it's one of the few modules I'm accustomed to importing
unqualified.