remove Foreign.Marshal.Error.void

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 10:15:32 CET 2012

On 16 March 2012 05:38, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:
> So now that we have void in Control.Monad, can we remove it from
> Foreign.Marshal.Error?  Or at least make them the same function?  It's
> mildly annoying when importing both Control.Monad and Foreign winds up
> with ambiguous symbol errors.

+1 for first making it the same function and then removing it from
Foreign.Marshal.Error.

Preferably there's a deprecation cycle where the export from
Foreign.Marshal.Error is marked as deprecated in favor of the export
from Control.Monad. However that's not possible (yet):

I assume your proposal has the normal 2-week discussion period

Bas