new major release of transformers package

Edward Kmett ekmett at
Thu Mar 8 22:48:18 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Edward Kmett <ekmett at> wrote:
> > There was a discussion period on this about 6 months ago. We're just now
> > finally getting it all integrated. I'd rather not add new names for the
> same
> > operations.
> As a meta point, I fully sympathize that it can be annoying having old
> decisions questioned after the fact, but I think we should still
> re-consider them *iff* truly new information is brought forward. I
> don't know if that's the case here or not as I didn't follow the
> original discussion.
Of course, I wasn't trying to lay down the law.

Just that it was a rather late amendment and to indicate that I was
personally on the other side of the divide.

The proposal spoke about mtl, the fact that it impacts transformers was
more realized in hindsight.

At the time I'd said I'd get it in, I hadn't realized how much of it
actually fell to Ross as the maintainer of transformers.