Haskell platform proposal: the async package

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Wed Jun 13 21:11:31 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am making a formal proposal to have the async package included in the
> Haskell Platform:

I think the library looks very nice, and definitely useful. My only concern
is that it hasn't seen any use yet, so this is an unusual way to be doing
things. If you were submitting this proposal 6 months from now, it would be
a no-brainer.

That being said, I infer that the motivation behind getting it in this year
is to be able to point people at it and say "just use this, it's in the
default distribution". Which I think is quite sensible.

I'm in favour of this going in. I like the API, the documentation is good,
and the code is clean.