Haskell platform proposal: the async package

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:34:35 CEST 2012

Hi Simon,

Thanks for taking the time to write the proposal (and the library!)

One question in my mind is whether we should give packages some time
to bake on Hackage before including them in the platform. I'm not sure
if that's necessary or not, I guess it depends on our confidence in
that the API won't have to change much at this point.

Onwards to the package itself. At a first read, the API looks
sensible. I have but one question at this point:

Does the STM operations in the API force Async to be implemented in
terms of STM i.e. do we lock ourself to a particular implementation by
providing them?

-- Johan