Proposal: Remove Control.Concurrent{QSem, QSemN, , SampleVar, mergeIO, nmergeIO} from base

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at
Sat Jun 9 21:18:24 CEST 2012

On 09/06/2012 09:38, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> Henning Thielemann <lemming at> writes:
>> Is it possible to import a module from a user package that has the
>> same name as a 'base' module?
> iirc, this would require the PackageImports GHC language extension[1]:
>  [1]:

OK, so that's a strike against the deprecation cycle, because people
would need to use this extension in the transition period, or go for
conditional compilation anyway.

I withdraw my objection to immediate removal.