Proposal: merge either into transformers

Edward Kmett ekmett at
Sun Dec 9 03:51:12 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Ross Paterson <ross at> wrote:

> OK, then if me move Eq1, Ord1, Show1 and Read1 into transformers with
> a bunch of instances we can keep these instances for EitherT (and define
> some more).

I would definitely be +1 on the move. It would get a lot more instances
than having them rotting off in a side-package of mine somewhere. I could
probably then retire the package as I don't use the '2' variants very often.

> (As an unrelated aside bound packages up the generalized de Bruijn
> indices you did with Hinze as a reusable Haskell 98 monad transformer, you
> may find it interesting.)
> You mean Richard Bird, of course.

Indeed I do.