HP 2012.4.0.0 -- Call for Proposals

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:34:52 CEST 2012

Both split and async fit well with the "batteries included" nature of the
platform. Regardless of how much use it has seen, async is definitely an
API that should be bundled with the "standard" libraries. Compare with,
say, Java or Python standard libs; programmers expect modern languages to
expose easy-to-use concurrency operations. Most of the async definitions
are thin convenience wrappers around Control.Concurrent, so as long as we
are comfortable with Control.Concurrent, I see no reason to worry about
async.

In my unprofessional opinion, it's high time we add async to the platform.

-- Dan Burton