Problem Installing ad (Automatic Differentiation) Package

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 21:33:20 CEST 2012

I'll need to get an older ghc version installed, so I can try to figure out what changes are needed to make template haskell bits compatible back to the current platform. 'ad' uses TH rather extensively, and sadly, the update to support ghc 7.4.1 broke a fair bit of the old code gen -- as I recall, it is a rather lage amount of code that got changed, so I may not get a platform compatible version of ad released before the new platform renders the need less pressing.

Sent from my iPad