Faster IntSet by using BitMaps in the lower branches

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Sep 20 21:34:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 17.09.2011, 23:37 +0200 schrieb Milan Straka:
> When you are happy with the code, could you please send a pull request
> on the github containers repo? I (and/or Johan, if he wants) will look
> at the code. Of course, having good comments and test coverage would be
> a great help. I am quite busy till Sun 25, but have some time after that.

I shaped the code into something that I am happy with so far. I have
greatly extended the test suite, so that it covers every non-trivial
non-debugging function, and indeed I found and fixed some bugs in split.

https://github.com/haskell/containers/pull/3

The git commit history might not be as clean as it could be using rebase
-i, but I think it is still worth having it in the repo as it allows one
to later jump to, e.g. 4f4ca91, where both IntSet and DenseIntSet and my
benchmarking scrips are available.

Greetings,
Joachim

--