Proposal: Use time rather than old-time in directory

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:49:35 CEST 2011

+1

On 22 October 2011 23:28, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:
> I started off with UTCTime, then switched to POSIXTime as UTCTime didn't
> have a Show instance. I've since found that actually UTCTime has both
> Show and Read instances, but they are orphaned.

Ashley, is it possible you could de-orphan the Show instance for
UTCTime? This has bitten me a few times in the past since I normally
don't import Data.Time (which would give me a Show instance for
UTCTime) but use Data.Time.Clock directly.

I understand you have to shuffle with modules a bit since the Show
instance is currently exported from the hidden module
Data.Time.LocalTime.LocalTime which itself is exported from
Data.Time.LocalTime.

Regards,

Bas