Proposal: Ignore sub-minor version components in package id

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at
Mon Oct 3 13:27:29 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 13:18 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I’d like to propose that the package (shown by "ghc-pkg field <pkg> id"
> and used by "ghc-pkg field <pkg> depends") should only consist of the
> first three components of the package version, not all of them.

...would this affect the ability to declare version constraints that use
more than the first 3 components? E.g. would the following Cabal

 Build-depends:  aeson >= && <0.4

still work (and force at least version of aeson to be used)?

-- hvr