Proposal #3339: Add (+>) as a synonym for mappend

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Sun Nov 6 18:52:08 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 05:39:38PM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Note that I'm not proposing to change Text.Pretty right now.

I don't think we should change Monoid but not pretty. We'll end up with
one GHC release in which Data.Monoid and Text.Pretty export conflicting
definitions of <>, so people using both will need to disambiguate.

I don't have a strong opinion about whether both or neither are changed.