New libraries process

Chris Dornan chris at
Wed Jun 8 10:14:03 CEST 2011

Congrats on the award by the way - you have been winning my own superhero
award but it's cool to see some objective recognition.

I had volunteered for random (and anything else you needed) - I thought you
were being diplomatic (and maybe you were).

Just made the major delivery on my contract so definitely feeling like some
good works are in order.

From: libraries-bounces at [mailto:libraries-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Simon Peyton-Jones
Sent: 07 June 2011 10:43 PM
To: Haskell Libraries
Cc: Simon Peyton-Jones
Subject: New libraries process

Last month Simon M and I put forward a proposal to revise the process for
developing the Core Haskell libraries:

There was some discussion, leading to improvements now incorporated in the
draft, but I believe that there was general support; indeed no one opposed
the change.

Several weeks have gone by, so I suggest that we adopt the new process
forthwith.  Unless I hear otherwise I'll replace
with the new process in a day or two.

We still need volunteers to become the maintainer of
        random [though I think someone maybe did volunteer, Daniel perhaps?]

best wishes

Libraries mailing list
Libraries at

No virus found in this message.