New libraries process

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Wed Jun 8 08:54:29 CEST 2011

Great, thank you!  mtl it is.

From: Edward Kmett [mailto:ekmett at]
Sent: 07 June 2011 23:48
To: Simon Peyton-Jones
Cc: Haskell Libraries
Subject: Re: New libraries process

I would be willing to pick up maintainership on mtl.

I already maintain its categorical dual after all, and it doesn't change all that often.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at<mailto:simonpj at>> wrote:

Last month Simon M and I put forward a proposal to revise the process for developing the Core Haskell libraries:

There was some discussion, leading to improvements now incorporated in the draft, but I believe that there was general support; indeed no one opposed the change.

Several weeks have gone by, so I suggest that we adopt the new process forthwith.  Unless I hear otherwise I'll replace
with the new process in a day or two.

We still need volunteers to become the maintainer of
       random [though I think someone maybe did volunteer, Daniel perhaps?]

best wishes

Libraries mailing list
Libraries at<mailto:Libraries at>