Proposal: Applicative => Monad: Call for consensus

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 16:49:58 CET 2011

Ah! Yup, I just noticed.

I can't read, apparently :-)

Yeah, I get irritated whenever I come across a Monad instance and I
cannot use the Applicative combinators. So I guess I'm in favor.

Is there a reason this is appropriate for the libraries process? Do
any of these changes spill out into the public interface of base or
GHC.Ext?

Sorry for the confusion,
Antoine