parsec-3 problem

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:05:28 CET 2011

On 19 February 2011 13:14, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:
> Indeed, I have (in ~/.ghci). I suspected this is the reason, but:
>
>    *Main> :set -XMonomorphismRestriction
>    *Main> :r
>    Ok, modules loaded: Main.
>
> Can you explain this?
>
> (Now I've checked that if I first launch ghci, then turn the MR on and
> load the file, the error appears.)

I'm just speculating here, but could this be caused by the compilation
manager not recompiling Main.hs because it notices that the file is
unchanged? If you open it in GHCi, touch it and then do :set
-XMonomorphismRestriction followed by :r, does it then give an error?
If so, this would indicate that GHCi is avoiding reloading the file
with the new dynflags.

This is probably a known bug - Simon Marlow recently created a ticket
about making ghc --make recompilation avoidance more respectful of
flag changes.

Cheers,
Max