parsec-3 problem

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Sat Feb 19 14:14:23 CET 2011

* Max Bolingbroke <batterseapower at hotmail.com> [2011-02-19 12:55:42+0000]
> On 19 February 2011 09:27, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:
> > Works just fine here.
> >
> >     myparser = sepBy gqrrel (char ',')
> >
> >    myparser
> >      :: (Text.Parsec.Prim.Stream s m Char) =>
> >         Text.Parsec.Prim.ParsecT s u m [[Char]]
>
> Have you turned off the monomorphism restriction globally? I wouldn't
> have thought that myparser would get an overloaded type otherwise.

Indeed, I have (in ~/.ghci). I suspected this is the reason, but:

    *Main> :set -XMonomorphismRestriction
    *Main> :r
    Ok, modules loaded: Main.

Can you explain this?

(Now I've checked that if I first launch ghci, then turn the MR on and
load the file, the error appears.)

Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often.